Saturday, April 23, 2011

Letter Not Sent - Naomi Speer, Aug 1942

August 10, 1942

Dear George,

     I've just recieved your letter from Nova Scotia.  What there is of it.  Only the last two lines.

     After recieving it just now I'm in a quandry as to whether or not you were in an on the lousy little plot that was played on me yesterday.  Somehow I can't concieve of your doing such a thing.  But the post mark on your letter leaves enough time for you to have returned and been in NY yesterday.

     I recieved a phone call from Paul Donovan about 5:00 PM yesterday Sunday.  He tried to find out how I had learned all my information about Ken.  After telling him without mentioning you he put Ken on the phone.  Ken continued the battery telling me things about you and me which made me suspicious.  He told me you were there.  I was too furious with the three of you to bother to ask to speak to you.  If you were there may I repeat that anything I said to Ken about you still stands.  If you weren't there I'm very sorry for what I said and I hope that I have not caused any trouble for you.  I hope you recieve this before you see either of those two; so at least you will be forewarned.  If you were with them, George, I think you're one of the most despicable people I know.  Of course, if you were there yesterday, this is all a huge joke to you.  But believe me I hope sincerely that you weren't.

     Please phone me as soon as you recieve this - either at home or at the office.

Truly yours,
Naomi

PS.  Whatever did you write in that letter?  I'm mad as a wet hen because there's so little left.  Heavens the censors are strict.

No comments:

Post a Comment