Saturday, April 23, 2011

Mirror Mirror - Edward Gontarz, Sep 1943

ENTIRE LETTER IS BACKWARDS - NEED A MIRROR TO READ IT

Sept 9 1943
Surfside Radio
Nantucket Mass

My Dear Ney,

     As I said I would I am now writing you a letter.  I know I am a little late but as you know a little late is better than never.

     The reason for me not wanting to write is not because you can't see my writingor to make it out but I never can find anything to write about.

But I'll try to keep up with you.

     Today I recieved two letters from you.  With all my heart I thank you very much for them.  Since I said I keep up with you I send you two in one. 

     I enjoyed my last liberty very much but when I think of it now we should have seen so of New York. 

     I've told the fellow that I've be in New York and they asked me what I've seen?  I told them that I've seen my girl.  But they didn't want that - they wanted to know what in New York I've seen.  So I had to lie about it.  Told them we seen everything worthwhile seeing.  Radio City and so forth.

     All this is getting to that the next time we see New York we will really see it.

     Listen, Honey, don't be disappointed in this letter because I've said this is a two in one.  So if I say everything I have to in one letter I won't have anything to say in the other letter.

     As my paper is getting short I'll have to close wishing you the best of h until I next see you.  Shall we say Ni Fun! 

Your loving G...
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment